Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Friday, September 12, 2008

D**n you, Ike!

by CajunKate

So Hurricane Ike is making landfall in Texas, but we get to enjoy tropical storm conditions today. This prompted me to cancel my plans to go down to NOLA to see Zah-Zah (that's my nickname for Eliza). And when I say it was a difficult decision, that's an understatement. Honestly, the only reason I chose not to go is because I didn't want to end up as "that guy." You know, the one who gets blown off of the Atchafalaya Spillway into the swamp and ends up a Darwin Award winner. It just seems to be my lot in life that I have the greatest potential for things to become FUBAR instantaneously. But, man oh man, I wanted to nom-nom on my new baby Zah-Zah . Boo-hoo and woe is me!

I will try to go on Sunday, if the weather cooperates. For a storm that hasn't hit yet and isn't even hitting Louisiana, you sure are f**king up my life, Ike. I hate you!

No comments: