Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Columbus Day Three: Swimming Pool and Summer Treats

by CajunKate

So I'm going to keep this post short and sweet. There's a reason for this. I am behind on these d**n things, and I just spent an hour writing, editing, and adding pics to the last one. I'm over it. Why? Because I AM LAZY! Duh! You know this, people!

Here's the rundown:
1. Pick boys up early from daycare. Tim, Bydee, and Alex head to downtown Columbus to eat lunch at North Market and pick up a jug o' beer at the Elevator Brewery.
2. Me, Jen, and boys go back to hotel and swim for 2.5 hours. After 2.5 hours, Quinn is not ready to leave and announces that he could live in the pool and swim for ONE HUNDRED
hours, NANNY KAAAAAAAAATE!!!!
3. ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! (The men meet us there.)
4. Home. Exhausted. Whoops! Grocery store and Farmer's Market for supper necessities.
5. iPhone, camera, piggyback rides, basketball, and blue horsey. Bedtime for boys at 8 PM goes over like a lead balloon. Sample quote: "But Nanny Kate, I just wanna go back to the hotel pool wif you. I don't wanna go doh-doh." (FYI: Doh-Doh is sleep.)
6. Blue cheese stuffed burgers and roasted corn! Oh my! Yummmmmmmmmm!
7. Hotel for me and Alex. Byron decides to stay at Tim and Jen's so he can, you know, sleep rather than listen to a freight train in the bed next to him all night as he did the previous evening.

The end. Wait. Here are some pics. Gotcha!

Colin

Quinn

Colin

Quinn

The Gang

More pics HERE!

No comments: