Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Economic Stimulus Pic

by Cajun Kate

So the title is a bit deceiving. While I do actually have a pic to share with you, and it is related to the economic stimulus check (I suppose), I have some other miscellaneous stuff to offer before the big reveal.

First up, on a desperate hiatus from essay writing to grab a desperately needed Diet Coke, a sort of creepy dude in blue jean cargo shorts opened the door for me at Circle K and called me sweetie. Due to my ongoing issues with self-esteem and social retardation, I found myself momentarily flattered instead of skeeved out. Is that so wrong? Don't judge me, okay!? Sadly enough, this is my world, people!

Secondly, I witnessed 50 Cent's doppelganger purchasing a money order at the same Circle K. Seriously, this guy looked so identical, I almost yelled out, "Hey, Fiddy!" and scarcely avoided breaking into the chorus of "In Da Club." That would have been embarrassing, huh? I know. Most of you are like Who the hell is 50 Cent, and what is an In Da Club?

Thirdly ( is that a word? Whatever), I am making progress on my end of semester crunch list. It now looks like this:

1.. Finish one essay on take home final for developmental psychology class
2. Finish take home discussion question for helping relationships class
3. Study for and take final in helping relationships class
4. Study for and take a final on eleven theories in marriage and family counseling class
5. Study for and take a final on six chapters for adolescent psychology class

Not good, but better.

Finally, you may remember that my washer and dryer and I have been engaged in an ongoing battle of wills. They finally won...or lost, depending on how you look at it. This weekend Alex and I went and fulfilled Dubya's wet dream and spent our economic stimulus check on a new washer and dryer. It's probably not the best decision at this point in time, but if I had to go one more round with WD-40 and the dryer or with violent kicking and the washer, the therapy costs would have been through the roof. So, in the words of Dubya, hooray for us and in the words of CajunKate...


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
(Please ignore the inordinate amount of Febreeze air freshener visible in the picture. I don't know what that's about. I guess we smell, and I am trying with all my might (and Febreeze) to cover it up.)

No comments: