Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Let's Dance!

by CajunKate

So sing with me, will you?

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
With the refs' whistles blowing and Duke fans a-yelling,
"Tyler Hansborough's a douche!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Yes, dear peeps, it's MY favorite time of the year. March Madness, the Big Dance, Cinderella teams, bracket busters, the Sweet Sixteen, the Elite Eight, the FINAL FOUR! It's time to scream, and curse, and drink lots o' liquor, and weep into your wee pillow, and dance around your living room. To experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Have I mentioned that I love the culmination of the college basketball season? Yes, oh yes, I love it dearly.
Yeah, I'm a chick. Yeah, I love J.Crew and cute pumps, but more than that, I love to yell profanities at the zebras, to spill my brewski when I leap from the couch, to pump my fist in glory at the buzzer beater, to laugh as #1 seeds fall and the #13 seeds pull the upset. Oh, it's that time of the year, my peeps. MY time of the year!

The highlight of my bracket tenure was the prowess I displayed in 2005. Oh, how I remember the late night call. As I laid in my comfy bed, watching UNC win the national championship, the telephone rang. A call from bracket commish BDaigle proclaiming my domination of the tournament bracket. How sweet it was! My WINNING bracket, my MONEY MAKING bracket! Unfortunately for me, when it comes to winning the tourney pot this year, I may be in trouble as my knowledge is pitifully lacking due to prison...er, school... doing a number on my b-ball viewing. I did keep one eye on boring textbooks and one eye on exciting championship week match-ups this past weekend. Huh...I just realized something. I am now treating college basketball viewing the way I handled far too much of my test preparation in undergrad- cram, cram, cram, then say a couple of Hail Marys and hope for best. Well, let's hope it wasn't just situational, and my incomprehensibly successful strategy at test taking can cross domains into sports betting. *fingers crossed* I really want that hundred bucks. Mama needs a new pair of shoes! No, seriously, I really need to replace my cross-trainers. So, while I am not willing to reimburse you monetarily for any help you may wish to throw my way, I can give you...well, I really can't give you anything...except love. Lots and lots of love. Hey, it makes the world go 'round, Mr. Snarkypants!

And, in a completely unrelated post script to this post, Mother Nature put her version of a Post-It note on today's weather. It read, and I quote,
Eighty-six degrees in mid-March! Thanks for f**king up the ozone layer and get ready for summer, b***hes! That's how I roll! Did you know Mother Nature recently went gangsta, my peeps? I know. Weird, right?

Keep on, keepin' on and send me some tourney tips if you gots 'em.

2 comments:

BDaigle said...

Ah yes, a mere 100 clams. Back in the innocent day of my pool. Now it's a cut-throat 200 scrillas, GAURANTEED! (Holla!)

*sigh* The innocence is lost.

Anonymous said...

Okay, CK you have tugged at my heart strings. Tugged to the extent that when I collect the scrillas, I will purchase those cross training shoes for you.
The Tar Heels win it all, Hansbrough is named Most Valuable, Dr. Johnny is smiling up in heaven, the caterwauling ends with the receipt of your new "choozs", and all is well in the world. :>)))

The Mayor