Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bunny Day at the Manor

by CajunKate

So how was your Easter, my peeps? Ours was pretty freakin' sweet. I unglued my hands from my laptop and burrowed out from under books, journal articles, and reams of paper to make an appearance at Daigle Manor in Prudhomme City. This was totally worth the five hours away from my research paper because there was wine, basketball on TV, and crawfish etouffee so good it'd make you wanna slap your mama. Unless your mama is the first lady of Prudhomme City, in which case, you don't wanna go there. The mayor was the one who cooked it up, and the only slapping going on was that of my thighs under the weight of accumulating cellulite. The brief reprieve was fun while it lasted but, alas, I had to get back to the sheer joy of that research paper. Have I mentioned that this semester sucks big sweaty donkey balls? Yeah, well, it totally does. Anyway, here's a photo essay for ya. (Click pics to enlarge.)

Of course, we had an Easter egg hunt. Was there laughing? Sure. Was there crying? Well, what was I supposed to do when everybody else found more eggs than me?!? (Sidenote: Ted with foam sword? WTF?)


Noah counting his eggs. It's cool. These will never hatch.


Max was too busy counting his eggs to even notice that I was taking a picture.


John will let you take his picture because he's a complete narcissist. Immediately after I took this, like every other time I've taken his picture since he could talk, he was all, "I can sees my picture?"


Ah, Sammy. Sammy does not like hugs. Sammy does not like kisses. Sammy does not like having his picture taken. (Also, he had informed me earlier that day that I was no longer allowed to refer to him as Sammy.) Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Sam, let me take a picture of you.
Sam: No!
Me:
C'mon, dude!
Sam:
No!
(At this point the conversation became, as it always does in the case of me and tricycle motors, another stunning endorsement of God's decision not to bless me with offspring.)
Me:
I'll give you a dollar.
Sam:
Okay!
Click. Pic taken.
Sam:
Gimme my dollar...(brow furrowed thinking going on)... Nanny Kate, is a dollar like the metal money or the paper money?
Me (before I engage brain):
Paper!
Then I promptly mentally kicked myself in the a** 'cause I could have totally gotten away with giving that kid a quarter.


Hello, ladies!
(L to R: Aimee, Mary Grace, Molly, Emily, Melissa)


Oh my God! I just wanna eat Mary Grace all up! She's so delicious!


After the hunt, basketball was played. Notice our future Tyler Hansborough, Gabe, keeping his eye on the ball. Uncle Bydee is playing the part of ornery coach Bobby Knight in this scene.


Also, the four wheeler was abused. Don't worry about the lack of helmets. They drove in one big circle and never got out of second gear. A lightning strike was more likely than an accident.


I just had to include this picture because of JT's face. Freakin' hilarious!


Muh Zandy. Lookin' cute as usual.

And that's pretty much it. The day after Easter, I finished my research paper. Now, during the rest of my spring break, I get to work on a ginormous take-home psychology mid-term. Or I could run off to Tijuana and open a fish taco stand. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, hope all of you had a great Easter, my peeps! As I always say, keep on, keepin' on!

No comments: