Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mah, What's Dat White Stuff?

by CajunKate

So Charlie Roy sent me an email and pics from Baton Rouge, and they got WAY more snow than we did in Lafayette. NO FAIR! I was talking to him on the phone when I heard maniacal laughter in the background followed by Chuck yelling, "Oh no! They're hitting me with snowballs! Gotta go defend myself!" So fun! I wish I was there. Anyway, here is Chuck's email, and the pics he sent. He's supposed to send more later. I'll post them as I get them.

Hey Folks,
Can you believe 5 - 6 inches of snow in parts of Southwest, South Central and Southeast Louisiana and Western Mississippi? Some maybe less or more. It started at about 5:30 AM and ended about an hour ago. Starting to rain and sleet now. If it was still snowing, no telling what we would have. National Weather Service and local weather people kept saying no accumulation except on bridges. I have attached pictures and all I can say is, look at no accumulation! It has been at about 34 degrees. If it had gotten below freezing last night, no telling what we would have. It is wonderful for us anyway. Last time we got any significant snow was in 1988 about 1 - 2 inches. This is the most I have seen in my lifetime on Louisiana.
We started out at school, but they closed it at around 7:45. A SNOW DAY IN Louisiana! Go Figure!
Share these photos via email with other people you know if you wish.
Sincerely,
Charlie


Noah in da SNEAUX!

The Daigles' street in Baton Rouge

The Daigle house in Baton Rouge

No comments: