Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh, When the Saints Start Makin' Wine...Wait....What?

by CajunKate

So today I sent the Zandinator to the store for two things essential to my being- Diet Coke and wine. Zandy likes to surprise me when I send him off "fer muh likker" and that's fine by me, as I am an adventurous sort when it comes to wine. He came back with a wine being marketed by none other than legendary Saints' quarterback Bobby Hebert. After I finished guffawing and looked at the bottle, I saw it was a Cabernet Sauvignon produced in California. Also, the proceeds go to a great cause- the Louisiana Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. That's cool, very cool. After a lil' research on ye olde Google, I discovered that Drew Brees also has a wine, a Chardonnay, that benefits charity. Find the info here. Anyway, Bobby's "Cajun Cannon Cabernet" (okay, so the name is freaking ridonkulous [ALERT! ALERT! New favorite word!], but hey, it's charity) is, according to the label, "Rich and ripe with enticing flavors of currant, blackberry, and creamy chocolate oak and notes of spice and tobacco." (Mmmm, creamy chocolate oak. Makes me wanna go gnaw on furniture.) Actual CajunKate verdict? Not bad. I'd drink it again. Pick up a bottle if you see one. Except for Sista. Not her. She's got the bebe and all. Did I mention she was crying over my shoulder on Easter as I guzzled wine? Awwww, I feel bad... still, better her than me.

Mmmmm, wine!

Yeah, baby! Football AND wine! It's all me!

And I know what you're thinking- Heeyyyy, she's always b***hin' about how much school work she has to do. Should she really be blogging? And should she really be drinking? Answer? No, I should not. Do I care? No, I do not.

That is all.

No comments: