Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blogger Daydreams

by CajunKate

So I'm looking at my calendar and in between feverishly working on the end of semester pile-up, I am feverishly daydreaming about the one thing that is keeping me sane at the moment, and that is the fact that the Zandinator has proposed that both of us desperately need to get out of dodge (Dodge?...whatever!) for a change of pace. His idea is that we do a brief trip to Houston to catch an Astros game. Now, seriously, this is the mark of a great husband. Let's not kid ourselves. We all know that Alex has no desire to go sit in a stadium in a humidity stew and watch a slow-paced sporting event. The man is making a sacrifice so that I, sports nut that I am, will be made happy. And happy I am. Oh, so happy! And here are the reasons why:

1. I really DO need to get out of town. Before the financially strapped days of grad school, we (and by we, I mostly mean me) were always gallivanting off to some place to do something. That was then, this is now, and the last time we went anywhere for an overnight was back in January for BDaigle's birthday party in NOLA. I have some serious cabin fever.

2. I love watching live baseball (TV baseball, not so much).

3. I have not been to Minute Maid park yet, and I hear it is quite fetching.

4. Alex has checked the schedule and guess who the Astros are playing in the second to last week of May? My favorite team! The Cubs! (God loves me!)

5. We will stay in a hotel, and I love hotels. Why? Because it's about as close as I ever get to being waited on hand and foot. I don't have to clean anything, I don't have to make the bed, I can call somebody up and get them to bring me food on a whim. Awesome!

6. New restaurants! Yes, I am obsessed with food. I make no apologies.

7. I will not have to drive. I hate to drive, and Houston is the capital of moronic drivers, as far as I am concerned.

8. Not a textbook in sight. Yeah, that's right! I will be reading a FICTION book for sheer PLEASURE. Take that intellect!

9.
New location nookie. You know what I'm sayin'?!? (I think you do, and we are all now suitably embarrassed and grossed out by the fact that I did just say that.)

10. I don't care how fancy-schmancy Minute Maid Park may be, it's still a baseball stadium so mmmmmmmmmmmmm...ice cold beer!

If this does come to fruition (please, oh please, oh please!), I promise to regale all of you with a long and picture heavy blog about it. No, no, try to curb your enthusiasm, really.

Also, I have been in touch with baby bro Byron, and a tentative trip to Columbus to see Jen, Tim, and their bebes may occur as well. As you may recall, we did this last year, and we had a fantastic time. Turns out we make a pretty good team. Who knew? Anyway, definitely blog, pictures, AND video will be result of that. So beware come mid to late July!

Finally, I am reconsidering the use of my tourney winnings. I came into another unexpected source of fundage and am now considering the purchase of a camera so loaded with features that I will no doubt need a Ph.D. to use it to any significant effect. This is troubling as I am having trouble imagining that I will actually be able to get through my Masters program with mind and body intact. Still, that camera is freakin' cool lookin'!

Til next time, keep on, keepin' on, my peeps!


No comments: