Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Friday, January 9, 2009

Classic Poppa Smurf!

by CajunKate

So, about two minutes ago, I opened my email to find a joke from Poppa Smurf. (For those who don't know, Poppa Smurf is a nickname for Daddy. I don't know who came up with it (any sibs out there remember the origin?), but someone decided our dad looked like Poppa Smurf, minus the blue skin and short stature, of course. For years, my brothers [not me; I was too scared] called my dad Smurf.) The email consisted of a joke. This joke represents, in a VERY classic way, the kind of joke that makes Daddy chortle in his signature laugh. When I read it, I burst out laughing. Mostly because I was imagining Daddy busting a gut laughing. Behold, the type of joke my dad absolutely think is absolutley HYSTERICAL(!!):

There once was an Indian who had only one testicle, and whose given name was 'Onestone'.
He hated that name and asked everyone not to call him Onestone. After years and years of torment, Onestone finally cracked and said,' If anyone calls me Onestone again I will kill them!' The word got around and nobody called him that any more.
Then one day a young woman named Blue Bird forgot and said, 'Good morning, Onestone.'
He jumped up, grabbed her and took her deep into the forest where he made love to her all day and all night. He made love to her all the next day until Blue Bird died from exhaustion. The word got around that Onestone meant what he promised he would do.
Years went by and no one dared call him by his given name until awoman named Yellow Bird returned to the village after being away. Yellow Bird was overjoyed when she saw Onestone. She hugged him and said, 'Good to see you, Onestone.'
Onestone grabbed her, took her deep into the forest, then he made love to her all day, made love to her all night, made love to her all the next day, made love to her all the next night, but Yellow Bird wouldn't die!
Why?
OH, come on... take a guess!
Think about it
You're going to love this:
You can't kill two birds with one stone!!

Ladies and gentleman, that joke, in a nutshell, represents my dad- the one and only CajunCharlie!

1 comment:

BDaigle said...

If memory serves (and I have a TERRIBLE recollection of my life before 13)it was C-Roy and his friends who started calling Dad that when they were in high school. That would have been the early '80s when Smurfs was in its heyday. I think it was mostly just because of the beard and the fact he was the mayor just like Papa Smurf.

If any of the rest of the clan can correct or amend that poor recollection, feel free.