Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Friday, February 15, 2008

Please Remain Calm

So I know, I know. You're all like What the hell, man? Am I on the right page? She friggin' changed this thing up on me! What can I say? I'll blame it one being a Gemini. I don't even know if that's a quirk of the sign or not, but it sounds good to me and I'm going with the idea that you'll a) be too lazy to look it up or b) be all like Pffft! Astrology, uh-shmology! Whatever. The simple fact of the matter is I get booooooooooored looking at the same things day in and day out. Owing to the fact that I am, in general, a lazy and unambitious blob of flesh, that particular personality trait normally has no bearing on any element of my life because, in the event that actual effort is required on my part to produce change, it ain't happenin'. But in the blogosphere, it's so easy to change things up. I mean, seriously, I just can't resist. If this is appalling and/or bothersome to you...um, well, all I can suggest is that you get the heck over it if you intend on hanging around here for any length of time. And, for God's sake, if you're averse to frequent design changes, avoid my MySpace page at all costs! Personally, I like the new look. For now. Mwaahahahahaha! (that's supposed to be an evil laugh...yeah.)

Speaking of change, I totally stole the following off of the CajunBoy's blog, but I can't resist. Have you seen the moving and inspiring video by Will.i.am supporting the Barack Obama campaign? I totally dig it. It warms the cockles of my frigid and cynical heart.


Then I saw the parody of it for the McCain campaign. Dude, forget just warming the snarky cockles of my heart; they caught fire! Hi-lar-i-ous, y'all. For reallsy.


On a serious note, I got some bad news from my sister Jen today. Her sweet puppy dog Ese has been diagnosed with bone cancer. I don't know any details yet, but her email did not sound very hopeful. For most of us, pets are members of our family, and this is especially true for Jen. Ese was really her first baby. She's had him since he was a puppy, and I'll be the first to say that I never met anyone, ANYONE, who did not fall in love with him at first sight. He is the sweetest Newfie ever. I know Jen is really broken up about his condition, and it sucks when you can't help someone you love when they're in pain, so all I can do is just ask that you all please say some prayers for or send some good thoughts and positive energy to Jen and Ese.

No comments: