Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And Then There Were Three

So you may have noticed that, on the little sidebar to the right, there are now three contributors to The Chronicle. I've encouraged my only (and I wouldn't have it any other way despite what I said back when I was eight) sister Jen and (one of) my younger brother(s) Burt to post on the blog in an effort to keep us informed, up-to-date on and, most importantly, entertained by what's going on in their neck of the woods. Jen is up in Columbus, Ohio, and Burt is over in New Orleans. Both have bent to my will by failing to defeat strong-arm tactics and accepted my invite as contributing authors. That doesn't necessarily mean they will post anything as I think their basic reaction may have been something along the lines of What? Do what? Yeah, okay. Whatever. Just stop sending me the emails already! Unlike yours truly, these two actually have social skills and boundless talent so, if they do decide to post, my own shortcomings and obvious lack of being awarded "the good genes" will become even more glaring... why did I do this again? Oh yeah! They rock! You'll see. Give 'em some love, kay?

Also, the lovely young Yankee who writes the blog BaRou Is the New Bklyn listed over there in my favorites has gotten engaged and is trying to win a $5,000 photography package being awarded to a couple who is planning a "green" wedding. Although I do not know her personally, I enjoy reading her posts, and also I feel really badly about the fact that she has to live in Baton Rouge. Don't you? Help the chick out and vote for her and her fiance, Tom. Follow the link: http://vraiphoto.blogspot.com/ Bam! Good deed for the day taken care of. I'm sure an angel just got its wings. UPDATE: They won! Hurrah for them. They're just so cute, aren't they?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Yay, I just found this now! I'll adjust my blog post's thank-yous.
A bell is ringing...wings-getting in progress.

Anonymous said...

I will help out BaRou. Anyone living in Refineryville needs all the love and help they can get. Hope you can get Jen-Jen and Burt to add to your blog. Both are clever with words, like you. Wonder from whom they inherited that gene. Must be their maternal grandmother, Mamere. She was quick with words.

Anonymous said...

Went to the website to vote for Colleen/finace', and found that they were already declared the winners! Is that ballot box stuffing or what? I guess Brooklynites are akin to Cajuns when it comes to having your way in "elections". Hey, maybe we can take a political lesson or two from this Yankee girl.(smiles)