Musings from some former inhabitants of the sprawling metropolis that is Prudhomme City

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sophi P. Cakes- A Sophisticated to Punk Cakery

by Cajun Kate

So I posted this on my tumblr, but it's too great of a place no to share the story here, too!





The cutest little bakery has opened in Lafayette! One of my friends called me last week and asked me to go get cupcakes with her at this new place- Sophi P. Cakes. I hadn’t heard of it; she told me they were on Facebook, and she had been drooling over their photos of cupcakes. I couldn’t go with her, but when I got home, I looked them up on Facebook. Oh my YUM! I definitely wanted some of that!

As luck would have it, this week was my birthday party at work, so when Cara asked what kind of cake I wanted, I told her I wanted cupcakes from Sophi P.’s. Cara ordered some red velvet ones for me, and they were DELICIOUS! So delicious that I went to the store yesterday and got an assortment of cupcakes for the husband and I to try- Atomic Chocolate, S’mores, Walnut Cream, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake. (You can see them in the pics above.) Hello, HEAVEN! I was so impressed with their cupcakes that I’m ordering a cake for a family gathering in late June.

Yep. It’s official. I’m addicted. But that’s okay, because I am supporting a small family-owned business. And I really LOVE that I can do that!

No comments: